Saturday, December 19, 2009

Quite the week

I didn't get the amount of time on each homeschool subject I had wanted to do this week. However, it was still a great week. My oldest son whom I will call Royalty, has decided that when he reads his first chapter book, he wants to celebrate with a reading party.

This party will include stringing word cards throughout the house instead of streamers, a cake shaped like a book, a pinata filled with notebooks and pencils and a game of pin the dot on the question mark. He came up with this all on his own and has set up a goal of this summer. I think he just may be able to do it.

In other news, DH won a $200 gift card to a local mall. We can use this on anything there including the restaurants and movie theater...I see lots of date nights ahead for us. My name was also chosen from a different mall to win a $150 gift card to Tommy Hilfiger. This has just been a great win week.

Finally, I attended a beautiful homebirth. Much smoother and quicker than her first baby (as is usually the case), and healing in many ways. I feel so blessed to have been there.

Now I am off to puree pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment